Sunday, December 18, 2011

sparrow nesting 3rd cycle

18th Dec 2011-  Begining of Sparrow nesting season - 3rd cycle.

In my sparrow nest, after a lull period of around 15days I could see some activity; for the past two days some sparrows comes and inspecting the site!!! Infact there was a fight between two male sparrow, may be for occupying the nest space.

Today ie 18th Dec 2011, Sunday.

Since morning a male and female sparrow, occupied the old sparrow house. Ofcourse, the old house was not cleaned, but I could see some activity of new twigs and tweets. The renovation of the nest is going on. The sparrows themselves, cleaning the old nest for their next nesting cycle.

Also I could see the female sparrow, exploring the possibilities of occupying the new sparrow box developed by me using card board. As an experimental measure I made the entry hole in square shapped. But so far no sparrow ventured into it. Today for the first time, the sparrow tried to enter into it. So I modified the entry point from square to semi round, as I could make a perfect round.

You can see the modified semi round hole. I hope sparrow will occupy the new nest box in future..

No comments: